Friday, February 09, 2007

The Siyum/Shabbat is Coming!

Well, I was planning on posting more from Beit El, but it will have to wait until after Shabbat. Coming up soon: The building of modern Beit El, plus a trip to the Arutz Sheva studio. Then, I've got a huge backlog of other places I've been recently to blog.

My original plan for Shabbat was to head down to Moshav Bnei Darom, to visit my friend Yigal. He's been moving towards greater observance, so I'm trying to help him out. Unfortunately, my cousins there got sick, so Yigal is now trying to make it up to visit me here in Jerusalem for shabbat instead.

Anyway, yesterday my Tanach class finished reading Sefer Yehoshua (The Book of Joshua,) which we started in October.



Inside Sefer Yehoshua


The sun stops overhead, and the moon stops over the Valley of Ayalon. Aaaah... the fond memories of Sefer Yehoshua.

When one finishes the in-depth study of a book in its entirety, it's traditional to have a siyum (literally "completion",) to throw a little mini-party.






I could show more pictures, but they're just of people eating, nothing too spectacular.


Anyway, Shabbat is approaching quite fast now. Stay tuned next week for more posts from Eretz Yisrael, and Shabbat Shalom!

No comments: