Thursday, October 11, 2007

Stabalizing

My blogging has been a bit sporadic lately, no? A post here, a post there. I guess it's because I've been having trouble getting internet access. I've got a splitting headache, and I'm pretty exhausted. Still, life is slowly but surely improving.

I pulled my Vonage phone setup out of its suitcase and started fiddling with it. For some reason, I had a premonition things might not go as planned after my return from America, so I had set aside my computer, phone, cable modem, and voice-over-IP router in a suitcase and left it with Rafi and Galila. Well, that turned out to be a stroke of serendipitous genius. Took the Vonage setup to Moish and Dena's place and plugged it into their wall connection to the HOT Internet service (the same service I use) It worked! It actually worked! So now I have my business phone back. They were kind enough to lend me the use of their Cheder Milkat (the security room/bomb shelter every apartment built after the gulf war in 1991 is required to have by law.) It now serves as Moish's painting studio and the laundry room, which they aren't using as much since Moish is working the graveyard shift at IDT. I bought an extension cable and was able to set up on an old table in there, and suddenly, I now have an office!


My new (temporary) office.

I immediately called my work and told them I'm back up and running. This really takes a load off my chest. My main concern with all this moving around has been my fear that I would lose projects which would be farmed out to other people because I was unreachable without my phone. I can now breathe easier and relax a bit. I even get to look at one of the paintings I did with Moish a while back in one of his classes.

"Sunrise over Frozen Lake," by yours truly.

No comments: