Thursday, June 22, 2006

Sellin' and Packin' Goes On and On

A Minus: 1 Month, 3 Weeks, 2 Days

I sold my antique mirror a couple of nights ago.

Last night, someone came over for my futon. When she showed up in her Chrysler sedan, I knew we were in for some work. I had to disassemble the whole futon, stuff the components into my hatchback, drive it over to her place, haul it all upstairs, and reassemble it. Grand total, it took me about an hour and a half. Fortunately, she paid me an extra $50 for the trouble.

Meanwhile, I'm packing up all my books into M-Bags. M-bags are these huge canvas sacks you get at the post office for shipping books and printed material. So far I've got about 150 lbs of books. Would you believe it's cheaper to ship M-bags to Israel than Canada?

Speaking of Canada, I bought my tickets for my flight to Toronto. I'll come into town on Sunday, August 13th, hang out there for a couple of days, then proceed to catch my Nefesh B'Nefesh flight on August 15th.

And the drum beats on...

1 comment:

Yaakova said...

Way to go, Evan! And thanks for commenting on my blog. :)
BTW, I to lived in Concord/Pleasant Hill for 10 years, until 5 years ago! It can be a tough place to leave, but I know you'll develop an even closer community of friends once you're in Israel. I've bookmarked your blog, and I'm loking forward to reading about your adventure!