Monday, September 10, 2007

Heading Northwest, Part II



So, after going to Seattle, I managed to make it to my family's hometown.
Sister on the couch.
Power walking through the woods by the falls with Mom. They have this kind of stuff all over the place in Washington.
The falls.


I got home started rummaging through the basement. I arrived with nothing but an empty suitcase and the clothes on my back. My plan was simple: I've got massive amounts of stuff from my old life in America buried under the house, so I figure every time I come for a visit I'll just come empty and leave with suitcases stuffed with my posessions. Thus, over the course of several years, I will gradually transfer my whole life over to Israel piece by piece.

Before I left for Israel a year ago, I had mailed my computer up to my Dad here. He had mentioned that it was pretty badly damaged in the move, but I had no idea how bad it really was. Unfortunately, UPS really did a number on it. It was a total loss:


Now, can someone please explain to me HOW THIS IS POSSIBLE? I mean, UPS is a shipping company. They certainly have a reputation for destroying things, but how is it possible to do so much damage to something accidentally? It looks liek the thing was hit by a freight train!
Well, it was an older model anyway.
So, next stop was walking along the boardwalk downtown.

Last year the city built a boardwalk passing over the bay here, with a great view of the San Juan Islands.


The boardwalk ends in a large, grassy park:

Welp, that's it for now. More photos soon(er or later.)

2 comments:

Ephraim said...

Hi David,

Thanks for the comment. Unfortunately, I don't want to mention my parents' location exactly, not that it can't be deduced from my emails, so I've gotta delete the comment. No offence.

Shanah tovah!

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry about that.
You were fortunate to be in town for some nice weather. Hope you enjoyed! -David