Sunday, June 25, 2006

Almost Famous

I received an email from Nefesh B'Nefesh. Turns out they have some publicity coming their way, and they wanted to know if they can use me as a subject for an interview. Of course! I told them.

But then I started thinking about it. I haven't even given notice to my employer about my plans, and it might mess up my schedule (and look vey low class) if they were to find out about my plans via the media. Also, I have some, eh, other plans, which you, my dear readers, will find out about in good time, and being publicized would throw a wrench in those gears as well. So I quickly wrote them back and told them to hold off for a month.

I've been spending my Sunday sitting here working, trying to make up the hours I missed when I went on my So-Cal vacation. At the same time, I'm getting all my computers up and running to sell. The place is getting emptier and emptier. Someone just came by and bought my fish tank ($95.) In a few hours, someone is coming for my computer desk, and someone else wants my box of screws.

Fellow Walnut Creeker and Oleh Chadash Adam Neril came into town for a visit for shabbes. We had an interesting discussion on living expenses, and it looks like the cost of living is a bit lower than I thought it would be. I should have sufficient savings to last about a year, G-d willing, once I get there.

As I ramble on, it's important to note that a soldier has been kidnapped by Hamas in Israel, two others killed. We should all daven hard that our kidnapped brother be returned to his family safely.

2 comments:

Yaakova said...

Hey there Evan,
Thanks for your response on my blog! I'm still laughing, which I really needed after last night! :)
I've been reading your blog today, and I'm so humbled. You are an excellent writer. (I've only read the entries until 2002 so far.) I'm going to reference your blog to my family and friends, who definitely need to understand the realities of living in Israel. Keep me updated on when you're going to be famous-- and where the -infomercial? brochure? or whatever it is can be viewed!

Toto said...

wow, they love you, huh? :) good idea on holding them off though. I had similar thoughts when working on the last Hadassah bulletin that I was the editor for. I wanted to post a sappy mushy good-bye, but hubby hadn't spoken to his boss at that point yet, and I know people talk.....

keep up the great work, before you know it you'll be going "Holy shit, only a week and a half till I go!" just like me. :)