Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Dinner with Grandpa

A-Minus: 1 Week, 6 Days

Now that my plans are public knowledge at work, I was able to respond to Nefesh B'Nefesh's request that I give an interview. So I spoke with a reporter by phone today. Should make an interesting article. Perhaps, "Local Crazies to Build New Lives in War Zone."

In the mean time, Operation:Trash Heap has entered its final stages. I am now starting to give away items I couldn't sell. If anybody wants some cleaning fluids, canned tomatoes, or USB cables, email me and they're yours.


For the last three weeks, we have been observing the "Three Weeks," mourning the period between the breaching of the walls of Jerusalem and the destruction of the holy temple, a period during which the city was ravaged and destroyed by the Romans. One of the observances is that we avoid eating meat, so I've lost a few pounds by becoming an involuntary vegetarian. My grandfather took me out to a farewell dinner last night. Pictures below. I'll leave it to you to guess which one is me and which one is him. Notice how I seem to have inherited his right-leaning slouch.





2 comments:

Baleboosteh said...

Not long to go now before the big move Evan!

Ephraim said...

Yes, time is drawing short. Still lots to get done though!