Sunday, February 03, 2008

Painting with Moish

I had a chance to do a few more paintings with Moish recently.



Moish preps for painting.



I was trying to make a cabin with a cute little gun shed attached to the front end. I put the window directly on the front end facing the viewer. Unfortunately, the window didn't come out right, so I scraped it off and tried again. And again. And again. Now, each time you scrape off paint and redo it, it comes out a little bit bigger to cover up the previous attempts, so by now it's a real mess and I didn't know how to fix it.


So I threw a giant tree right over where the window would have gone.


So now the cabin has no windows. Wonderful. And how are the people inside supposed to burn a fire in their wood-burning stove without asphyxiating themselves? Come to think of it, it doesn't have a chimney either, so the CO2 would probably get them first. But wait a minute... pump stations don't have windows or anything, they're just little structures designed to protect the expensive turbine lift pumps from exposure to the elements. So, I dubbed it, "Pump Station in the Woods."




Moish's version. His windows came out fine.
A couple of weeks later, I came back and did a waterfall.



The waterfall came out quite nicely. Except, of course, I forgot to put in the rock at the top of the waterfall which would split it into the two cascades we see here. D'oh! You always catch these things once you look at it again after having not seen it for a week. But I'm learning technique and getting comfortable with the concept, which is the important part.

No comments: