Monday, July 28, 2008

Checking into the Blog

I think this is the longest I've gone without blogging. Let's just say things seem to be taking off. You see, a couple of months ago, my workflow from my tele-job in the U.S. started slowing down, so I started browsing the local job listings and answering job offer emails that breeze by on the Nefesh B'Nefesh email list. One of them mentioned that they were looking for someone with experience in wind power. I answered that I have zero experience in wind power, but I'm a mechanical engineer and I can learn things pretty fast, and shot off my resume. I was invited over and it took me a few minutes to realize that I was not exactly being offered a job.

Bentzi, the engineer with entrepereneurial experience who wrote the email, told me vaguely about this idea he had for a device which would generate electricity from wind at high altitudes. We had thought we would move at a modest pace over the next couple of months until we had an entire plan together to start fundraising, but over the last week things have really taken off. And of course, these investors are always demanding further technical clarifications, much of which falls on my shoulders to produce.

Anyway, whoever is interested, our company is: http://www.hillpointenergy.com/ . Anyone who is interested in investing, please contact me and I'll forward an email with a PowerPoint presentation attached.

No comments: