Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My Brain is Burning

A-Minus: 1 Month, 3 Days

I'm just sitting here. Reading other people's blogs. Checking the news. I have work to do. Bags to pack. Things to sell. But it all seems such a waste.

Seven Israelis (Jews and Druze soldiers) died, two kidnapped. But I feel it's not right to say anything. I remember living in Israel, hearing the "go getum'" corus from America as my favorite little landmarks and my public transportation was repeatedly blown to smithereens for the glory of Allah the "merciful." But I never appreciated the gung-ho attitude I got from some of my American Jewish friends, praising every Israeli reaction to Arab violence, but when it came to actually contributing something, "What me, move there? But how would I make a living?"

So as long as I'm in America, I keep my mouth sealed shut. No talking about the disengagement, the Gaza kidnappings, the coming war in Lebanon. If you want my opinion, read my posts from 2000-2002. You can probably figure out what I think now.

In the mean time, the duct tape stays over my mouth. But only for another month.

No comments: