Friday, July 28, 2006

Word Isn't Out Yet

A-Minus: 2 Weeks, 4 Days

I'm still getting back into the swing of things after my vacation here. At the same time, I'm getting ready to leave.

I was walking down the hall and bumped into one of my semi-retired coworkers I hadn't seen for a while. His face beamed delight once he caught my eye.
"Oh, your here! Great!"
"Uh, yeah," I responded, "Good to see you too."
"I noticed you've been out of the office for a while. I thought maybe you had gone to Israel or something. I've been watching the news, it's CRAZY out there! What's that? You just went up north? What a relief!"
He clutched his chest, mimicking a near heart-attack.

Little does he know.

1 comment:

nuriennium said...

glad u r safe. sad for victims on both sides, but now after Qana, i'm sure i have no place in my heart for anyone but those poor Lebanese children died today. 37 children under 15 years old out form 57 dead. All out of 64 was living in the building.
shame olmert. shame Israel. shame UN for standing silent watching Israeli DF slaughtering civilians.
I hope when u come back to Israel, will find it enjoying peace that’s based upon mutual respect and wills, not on "law of strongest" forced by some maniacs bombing children.
And Evan, yep, so little does he know.
thank u Evan for commenting on my post. i'll sure consider.