Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sick

Woke up bright and early yesterday morning ready for a day of apartment hunting. Pulling myself out of bed, I immediately fell back in. Everything hurts! Stabbing pains in my throat!


Suddenly, without warning, I had been struck down so sick it took all my effort to pull my body out of bed. I decided to gut it out. Spent the day alternating between working for an hour and resting for an hour, and then slept twelve hours last night, waking up drenched in sweat.

This morning, I actually felt worse than yesterday, so I decided it was time for a visit to the doctor.

The view from the Maccabi (health clinic) building.

Looks like I've got strep throat and possibly tonsillitis. I don't want to go into details, but lets just say it's extremely unpleasant. Doc prescribed me some penicillin, which I immediately headed to Kanyon HaPisgah (the Pisgat Ze'ev Mall) to pick up. One thing I love about socialized medicine; the prescription only cost me 13 shekels.

Super Farm

Anyway, it's been five hours since I took my first dose of antibiotics, and I'm already feeling a bit better. Of course, it may just be the placebo affect, but either way, I'm liking it. Also popping vitamin c's, advils, and gargling salt water.

Of course, this disease just picked the worst time to start. As of today, I have precisely two weeks to pack up my entire apartment, find a new place, and finish two major projects I've been working on before I fly away to the states for three weeks. The exhaustion has really sapped my testosterone, which I need to prowl the streets hunting for apartments.

No comments: