Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sheva Brachot of Adam and Chaya Dova Neril

Last week I had the privilege of attending the Sheva Brachot of my fellow Walnut Creek oleh, and frequent travel buddy, Adam. Two weeks ago, I went to his wedding, but unfortunately, forgot my digital film. Besides, his father drafted me into video recording the wedding by camcorder, so I had my hands full in any event. Anyway, if I manage to get a hold of wedding pictures, I'll post those too, but for now, here's the sheva brachot:
Adam and father Mort singing.
Sheva brachot (seven blessings) is a period after a Jewish wedding which lasts seven days, during which special blessings are added to the "Grace after the Meal" when in the presence of the newlyweds.

Dancing about.


Brother Jonothan (remember his wedding?)

Shelley, visiting from Walnut Creek, reciting one of the blessings


Jonathan recites one of the sheva brachot

The newlyweds

Father and Father-in-law dancing

Yours truly reciting the final blessings over the meal

No comments: