Thursday, August 03, 2006

Tisha B'Av

A-Minus: 1 Week, 4 Days

Today was Tisha B'Av. It's a 25 hour fast, with no food or water, in mourning for the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem. My philosophy is that, if you're starving, you had might as well get paid for it, so I went in to work today. I spent most of the day scanning my design binders from all of my various projects I've done over the last four years. I can't fit all that weight in my suitcase, and I can't mail them now, so I figured I had better get them digitally.

In other news, I sold my bed. That was good news last night, since there's a minhag (custom) to sleep on the floor on Tisha B'Av, but now it looks like I'll be stuck on the floor for the rest of my week and a half here.

Not much else to report. Just exhausted from fasting, but glad it's over.

No comments: