Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Great Dalia Show, Part 2

Well, I'm still here in California. Now I'm in the great capital of the sovereign state of California, Sacramento, doing some work with my company's office here. And, of course, schmoozing with my old work friends from previous years. It always starts out with, "So aren't you afraid to live out there?!"
There's SO much to do, so much to buy, so many errands to take care of that I haven't had a spare second to myself here. I had to renew my driver's license, set up my absentee voting, get a PIN number from my bank so I can do international wire transfers, mail in my taxes, and that's just to mention a few things. When I live in Israel and look back at my life here, I sometimes wonder how I was so crazy, working 50 and 60 hour weeks month after month after month. But now I understand a little better; I HAVE to keep moving, otherwise, that underlying lonliness I feel in America comes welling up and starts biting. But when I'm back in Israel, I can relax, since I've "made it," and I'm where I want to be. One thing I do take from the experience and bring to my life in Israel, however, is the goal of keeping my mind constantly active.
So, enough grimness! Here are some lovely Dalias:
Fiery


Tube Arms
White Tipped
Pink Sphere
Red Stripe
Yellow Glow

Yellow Fluffy
Red Fingers
Curley Limbs
Yellow Edges

And this one won first prize. It was by far the biggest...


Big Head Big Flower

No comments: