Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Snow in Jerusalem

I walked out of my front door this morning and was confronted with this:

Snow! Everywhere!


I went out to my car.

Is my Mazda under there somewhere? Uh.. what am I supposed to do now?

I've never driven through snow before, and it was quite a challenge. Rule of thumb: never turn your wheel all the way to the right or left, you'll go flying.

The schools were closed, and all bus service (as well as traffic laws, apparently) were suspended.


I usually spend a few minutes at this intersection ever morning.

Looking over at Bayit V'Gan.


People scurrying about in Kiryat Moshe.

The birth of a snowman.





The Jerusalem stone all around was dusted with a coat of frosting.




Sadly, it started raining soon after, and all the snow is now being washed away. But it's supposed to snow again tonight, with an even heavier coat this time.

No comments: